Chas Guldemond packed his bags in 2005 and moved from his hometown of Laconia, N.H., to Lake Tahoe, Calif. Although he didn’t have much to his name when he started riding at Northstar-at-Tahoe, by 2013 he’d won the TTR World Championships, the Burton U.S. Open, the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix and countless other titles. By the age of 25, Chas Guldemond had become one of the most recognized names in snowboard slopestyle and big air competition.
Chas Guldemond Quick Facts
Hometown: Laconia, N.H.
Birthday: April 22, 1987
Resides: Reno, Nev.
Height/Weight: 6’0”, 170 lbs
Nicknames: Chuck G
Home Mountain: Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort
Sponsors: Electric, Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort, Eternal Snow, Rockstar Energy, Under Armour, Neff, Kicker
Chas Guldemond Career Highlights
As though his X Games gold medal, four Sprint U.S. Grand Prix first place medals, a win at the Burton Canadian Open, a first at the Burton U.S. Open, and an incredible number of podium placements weren’t enough, Chas Guldemond was also chosen to compete in the first-ever slopestyle competition at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Chas Guldemond Off the Mountain
Chas Guldemond is far from being all business all the time. Although he’s certainly striving for more golds, he also hopes his snowboarding career has a positive influence on young riders and teaches them to follow their dreams.
If you can’t find him on the mountain, Chas is probably dirt biking, skateboarding, barbecuing, hiking or playing with his dogs.
Winter X Games
● Gold, SS, Tignes, FRA, 2011
● Bronze, BA, Aspen, CO, 2011
● 4th, SS, Tignes, FRA, 2013
World Snowboard Tour
● 13th, Slopestyle, 2013
● World Champion, 2012
● 1st, Slopestyle, World Snowboarding Championships, 2012
Sprint U.S. Grand Prix
● 1st, Slopestyle, 2013
● 1st, Slopestyle, 2012
● 1st, Slopestyle, 2011
● 1st, Slopestyle, 2010
Other Notable Placements
● 1st, Slopestyle, Burton Canadian Open, 2012
● 1st, Big Air, Toyota Big Air, 2012
● 1st, Slopestyle, Burton U.S. Open, 2009
● 2nd, Slopestyle, Dew Tour, 2012
● 2nd, Big Air, Toyota Big Air, 2012
● 3rd, Slopestyle, Burton U.S. Open, 2013
● 3rd, Burton U.S. Open, 2011
● 3rd, Burton European Open, 2011
● 3rd, Slopestyle, Dew Tour, 2010