Sunday River Description:
Located in Newry, Maine, Sunday River offers 131 trails spread across 8 mountain peaks. 16 lifts, including the only chondola (a lift with both chairlifts and gondola cabins) and four high-speed quads serve the terrain. The resort classifies 33% of its trails as suitable for novices, 36% for intermediates, and 31% for expert skiers and riders.
Sunday River Location/Directions:
Sunday River is located in Newry, Maine. It is approximately 3 hours from Boston, 5.5 hours from New Haven, and 7 hours from New York City.
Sunday River Statistics:
- Trails: 131
- Lifts: 16 (1 Chondola (a lift with both 6-person chairs and 8-person gondola cabins), 9 quads, 3 triples, 1 double, and 2 surface lifts.
- Uphill Capacity: 32,000/hr
- Acres: 667
- Snowmaking Coverage: 92% (~620 acres)
- Summit Elevation: 3,140 ft. / 957 m
- Base Elevation: 800 ft. / 243 m
- Vertical Drop: 2,340 ft. / 713 m
- Terrain Parks: 4 (see Sunday River Parks & Pipes website)
- Superpipe(s): 1
- Average Snowfall: 155 inches / 393 cm annually
- Night Skiing: Yes
Sunday River Reservations & Contact Information:
Lodging and lesson reservations as well as lift ticket and season pass purchases can be made online by visiting the Sunday River website or by calling 1-800-543-2SKI.