Aspen Mountain Description:
Located in legendary Aspen, Colorado, Aspen Mountain (also referred to as Ajax) offers 76 trails spread across 673 acres. 8 lifts service the mountain, which rates 0% of its terrain for beginners, 48% for intermediates, and 32% for advanced and expert riders. Rising straight out of downtown Aspen, the mountain offers challenging bumps, steeps and challenging terrain for the adventurous snowboarder.
Apen Mountain Location/Directions:
Aspen Mountain is located in the heart of the Roaring Fork Valley in Aspen, Colorado. It is approximately 3 hours and 35 minutes from Denver, and is served by several airports: Denver International Airport (DIA) is 220 miles away, Aspen/Pitkin County Airport is just 3 miles away, and Vail/Eagle County Airport (EGE) is 73 miles away.
Aspen Mountain Statistics:
- Trails: 76
- Lifts: 8 (1 gondola, 2 high-speed detachables, 2 fixed-grip quads, 3 doubles.)
- Uphill Capacity: 10,755/hr
- Acres: 673
- Snowmaking Coverage: 31% (210 acres)
- Summit Elevation: 11,212 ft. / 3,417 m
- Base Elevation: 7,945 ft. / 2,422 m
- Vertical Drop: 3,267 ft. / 996 m
- Longest Trail: 3 mi / 4.83 km
- Terrain Parks: 0
- Halfpipe(s): 0
- Average Snowfall: 300 inches / 762 cm annually
- Night Skiing: No
Aspen Mountain Reservations:
Lodging and lesson reservations as well as lift ticket and season pass purchases can be made online by visiting the Aspen/Snowmass website, or by calling 877-282-7736.