Steamboat Ski Resort Description:
Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Steamboat Ski Resort offers 165 trails spread across 2,965 acres. A total of 23 lifts serve the terrain, 14% of which is rated for beginners, 42% for intermediates, and 44% for advanced skiers and snowboarders. The resort averages 343" of natural snowfall per year, earning it a well-deserved reputation as a mecca for riding powder. In addition, Steamboat boasts a large amount of gladed terrain, allowing all levels of snowboarders to experience riding in the trees.
Steamboat Ski Resort Location/Directions:
Situated in the northwest corner of the state, Steamboat is approximately a three-hour drive from Denver. The resort is served by both Denver International Airport (DIA) and Hayden/Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN).
Steamboat Ski Resort Stats:
- Trails: 165
- Lifts: 23 (1 Gondolas, 6 high-speed detachable chairlifts (including a six-person chair), 1 quad, 6 triples, 3 doubles, 6 surface lifts)
- Uphill Capacity: 41,465/hr
- Acres: 2,965
- Snowmaking Coverage: ~15% (375 acres)
- Summit Elevation: 10,568 ft. / 3,221 m
- Base Elevation: 6,900 ft. / 2,103 m
- Vertical Drop: 3,668 ft. / 1,118 m
- Longest Trail: 3 mi / 4.8 km (Why Not)
- Terrain Parks: 4
- Halfpipes: 2
- Average Snowfall: 343 inches / 871 cm annually
- Night Skiing: No
Alternative Activities at Steamboat:
In addition to skiing and riding, Steamboat offers sleigh rides, tubing, ski-biking, ice skating, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, scenic gondola rides, horseback riding, dogsledding tours, and nordic skiing.
Steamboat Ski Resort Reservations:
Steamboat Ski Resort lodging and lesson reservations as well as lift ticket and season pass purchases can be made online by visiting the Steamboat Ski Resort website or by calling 1-877-783-2628.