Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Description:
Mammoth rates 25% of its terrain as suitable for beginners, 40% for intermediates, and 35% for advanced and expert skiers and riders.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Location/Directions:
The nearest airport is Mammoth Yosemite Airport (MMH), a 15 minute drive from the mountain. Daily shuttle service from Los Angeles (LAX) to Mammoth Yosemite is provided by Horizon Air.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Statistics:
- Trails: 150
- Lifts: 29 (3 gondolas, 2 high-speed detachable 6 person chairlifts, 9 high-speed detachable quads, 1 fixed-grip quad, 7 triples, 4 double, 3 surface lifts)
- Acres: 3,500
- Snowmaking Coverage: 33% (700 acres)
- Summit Elevation: 11,053 ft. / 3,369 m
- Base Elevation: 7,953 ft. / 2,424 m
- Vertical Drop: 3,100 ft. / 945 m
- Terrain Parks: 3 (see Mammoth Mountain Parks & Pipe website)
- Halfpipes: 3
- Uphill Capacity: 50,000/hr
- Average Snowfall: 400+ inches / 1,016+ cm annually
- Night Skiing: No
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Reservations/Contact Info:
purchases can be made online by visiting the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area website or by calling 1-800-MAMMOTH (1-800-626-6668).