Kimberley Alpine Resort Description:
Kimberley is located in the southern Canadian Rockies, just an hour's drive from the American border. KImberley covers 1800 acres of mountainside with five lifts and 80 marked runs. Kimberley is a slightly advanced hill with 20% beginner runs, 42% intermediate, and 38% advanced. The front side of the mountain tends toward wide groomed runs, while the back of the mountain is better for steeps, powder, and glades. With an average annual snowfall of 150 inches you won't always find fresh tracks on the main runs at Kimberley, but there are almost always some nice reserves hidden away in the trees on the back of the mountain.
Kimberley Alpine Resort Location/Directions:
Kimberley Alpine Resort Statistics:
Kimberley Alpine Resort Trail Map
- Trails: 68
- Longest run: 4 miles / 6.4 kilometers
- Lifts: 5 (1 high-speed quad chair, one triple chair, one double chair, one t-bar, and one magic carpet)
- Uphill Capacity: 6452 riders per hour
- Acres: 1800
- Summit elevation: 6500 feet / 1982 meters
- Base Elevation: 4035 feet / 1230 meters
- Vertical Drop: 2465 feet / 751 meters
- Terrain parks: 1 (see the Kimberley Alpine Resort Terrain Park webpage)
- Average snowfall: 150 inches
- Night Skiing: Yes
Kimberley Alpine Resort Reservations::
Kimberley Alpine Resort Accommodations:
Kimberley Alpine Resort Alternative Activities:
A quaint Bavarian-themed mountain town, Kimberley offers a diverse array of off-hill activities. The downtown area has numerous boutique shops and charming restaurants for days off the hill. Snowshoeing, dogsledding, snowmobiling, and ice fishing can all be done near the hill.
More information about activities in the area can be found on the Tourism British Columbia Website and at the Kimberley Adventure Centre.
Kimberley Alpine Resort Conditions and Weather:
Located in the southern Canadian Rockies, temperatures can dip very low in Kimberley. This, however, also means that the powder is dry and fluffy most of the year.
More About Kimberley Alpine Resort: